Sunday, March 4, 2007

Windows XP installation in Mac with Parallel

I have been trying hard to install Windows XP in Mac.
So I thought let me post my experience. I had Windows XP on my hard disk.

So the first thing that I did was I copied the same on a CD and tried with it, but it didn't worked. It took me a while to understand why it is not working, and then I figured out that parallel needs a bootable disc.

So I created a bootable disk with Nero, and copied the Windows XP from my hard drive.
After doing this Parallel has accepted the CD, but after running for few sec I saw A:\>,
When I saw the command prompt.. I saw the follwong
No FAT32 Volumes Found, exiting.....
No NTFS Volume found, exiting....
and then A:\>
Now once again another problem, and the problem is to figure out what went wrong and the problem was that Parallel needs a Windows XP bootable disc, not a normal bootable i.e. DOS bootable which can't recognize FAT32 or NTFS, and that's why I was getting A:\>

So the next step was to find out how to create a windows XP bootable disc, after searching a lot on google and wasting a couple of CD I found the following link, which works perfectly.
http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=297

Finally I was able to create a Windows XP bootable CD, and run it on MAC.

No comments: